Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tofu Peanut Butter Pie


Tofu Peanut Butter Pie  Rating: 10

If a picture is worth a thousand words...

This was great!  thick, creamy, sweet, smooth, crunchy--it was great.  I served this up with only a couple of hours of chilling and it didn't hold together.  But the next day it was set just right. 

Topped it with crushed pretzels and a dark chocolate drizzle and served it in a chocolate graham cracker crust--a total cheat and worth it.  I used a 14 oz. block of soft tofu instead of a 16 oz. one because that is what I had and I reduced the sugar to 2/3 cup of demerara sugar.  I'd even reduce it more next time if I used the same brand of natural peanut butter because it runs sweet for my taste.  No body knew there was tofu in it, not that I hid that fact from them.

UPDATE (9/13/12): We've made this once again.  We used a touch less PB, maybe 3/4 cup and still about 2/3 cup demerara sugar and it was still sweet and creamy enough for us.  And this is what it looked like before we ate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment