Thursday, August 30, 2012

Falafel Waffles


Falafel Waffles  Rating: 8

This is fun and healthier spin on falafel, a Middle Eastern dish of spiced mashed chickpeas that is typically deep fried.  Now mine looks a bit intimidating because, for the life of me, I cannot limit myself to the called for amount of herbs and I double if not triple it.
 I go ahead and soak dried chickpeas because I feel the canned would be mush.  But in a pinch, I may go there.  Just haven't yet.  It's fun to use the waffle iron and I think a regular iron rather than a Belgium waffle iron would likely give the best results.

We served it with a big Greek salad and a dollop of homemade tzatziki or raita sauce (Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and herbs).  Pictured above is leftovers.  A quarter of a waffle is filling enough if accompanied by the salad or fresh cut veggies but we usually use 1/2 a waffle for dinner.  Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment