Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Bean Cookies (SELF version)

In honor of Chocolate Chip Cookie Week we consented to our four-year-old's request and baked cookies but with a twist.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Bean Cookies (SELF version)  Rating: 6

These were not your decadent chocolate chip cookie but they were okay.  A couple of things to consider, they don't change shape when baking.  I had to flatten them with the bottom of a cup measure before placing the second batch in the oven. 

They are best right out of the oven and become drier as time passes. 

They have no weird bean taste but they don't taste buttery sweet like a traditional chocolate chip cookie.  My kids don't know the difference but I do and I still enjoy them but I know there is a better bean cookie out there so I will keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment