Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread

As part of our family fun in celebrating St. Patrick's Day all week long we made this bread.  I've never made or had Irish soda bread before but my kids and I liked it and felt like it was quite a treat with all the sweet raisins.

Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread  Rating: 8

This was an easy bread to put together and it is a quick bread so not much waiting.  I made this with my kids and some others that we had welcomed into our home for the the morning.  Everyone enjoyed helping out in some little way, whether turning on the oven, grinding wheat, or kneading the dough.  We went with the molasses option because it is a good source of iron.  It made two loaves so we were able to send the second loaf home with our friends.  Might become one of our St. Patrick Day traditions, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment