Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Salad with New Potatoes


Spring Salad with New Potatoes  Rating: 8

I made this last summer while my mother-in-law was visiting and she loved this salad so much she requested the recipe.  It is a lovely potato salad that is lightened up with other veggies and a zingy dressing.  It is not your average potato salad, it is better.

This time around I subbed green beans for asparagus because that is what I had on hand, but I do prefer it with the asparagus.  I also used snap peas and radishes from the garden. You can put whatever seasonal veggies sound crisp and fresh to you.  I cheated on the pickled onions this time and just put some thinly sliced white onions in a leftover jar of pickled banana peppers Neal canned last season.  Just as good.  Served it up with slices of pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment