Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Green Soup with Mushrooms


Green Soup with Mushrooms  Rating: 6

I got this recipe from Anna Thomas' Love Soup, when I checked it out of our local library.  I am always looking for different ways to get those leafy greens into my family and I.  Provided is an online version I hunted down. 

We substituted kale for chard, a medium potato for the rice, and omitted the cayenne.  We drizzled it with olive oil as suggested and served it along with corn bread and honey. 

I thought it was a hideous color and my husband concurred when he compared it to a baby's diaper.  That said, it was okay to good.  Neal had texture issues with it but I did not.  My kids called it "Alien Soup" and took it in for dinner and lunch at school the next day.  I felt happy to get all those nutrients in and I do mean WOW with the amount of greens it packed in.  I'm always giddy when I get to use my immersion blender but was not in love with this "Love Soup."

No comments:

Post a Comment