Saturday, January 14, 2012

Acorn Squash Quesadillas


Love this recipe!  This is my definition of healthy comfort food. 

Acorn Squash Quesadillas  Rating 10

As much as I love this recipe I do not make it too often because it is a little labor intensive and because I so often try new recipes, I seldom fit the 'tried and true' recipes in.  It is fun to roast my own peppers over the burners though.  I feel like such a pyro! (Once put strips of paper in a jack-o-lantern and set it on fire in my bedroom as a kid!)
If you roast your own peppers, your house will smell amazingly good and guest that come over will ask what smells so good.  We've had company drop in the last two times I've made these and on both occasions the yummy aroma has been noted.

We cut the oil by a tablespoon and used homemade whole wheat tortillas.  They are really good on sprouted grain tortillas as well.  We served them up with sour cream and jarred salsa tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment