Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash, Sausage, and Pasta in a Brown Butter Sage Sauce

WARNING:  This is a recipe of the unhealthy kind.  I actually wrote, "So high in fat, it is only to be served once a year or less!" at the top of my printed recipe page.  Notwithstanding, it receives a 10 rating.

Roasted Butternut Squash, Sausage, and Pasta in Brown Butter Sage Sauce  Rating: 10

I used an apple chicken sausage that was the perfect match for this recipe.  I also used demerara sugar in place of the dark brown and campanelle pasta as opposed to the orecchiette pasta.  Aren't the campanelle cute?!  Perfect for catching all that heart-stopping butter.
Neal and I just kept eating forkful after forkful and looking at each other knowingly.  The look of sweet sorrow--that this was a 10 but that we knew we were killing ourselves by eating it. And we are quite open to eating full fat products; but this recipe was ridiculous. 

My dear four-year-old strongly attests that "ridiculous" is a bad word and we should not say it.  She is deaf to our objections.  So I will say that this recipe was "redonkulous," which is perfectly acceptable in her mind.

It tasted like heaven.  Glug, glug...was that my heart?!

No comments:

Post a Comment