Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Go-To Granola

Do you want your home to smell like heaven on earth?!  Make your own granola.  No sweat.  Really. 

We love ganola as a quick breakfast, lunch, snack, or dessert.  A bit with some dried cranberries and raisins, or all that atop plain greek yogurt is divine.  Our Go-To Granola is just slightly adjusted Jamie Oliver's Granola.  The recipe below is actually a pretty close online version.

Go-To Granola Rating 10

The changes we have made to this recipe are using 2 tsp. of cinnamon, 2 Tbsp. honey and 1 Tbsp. agave syrup instead of the 5 Tbsp. of pure maple syrup (although it's great that way too), and we don't add the dried fruit.  We add it later when we fix ourselves the bowl.  We use sunflower seeds and pepitas for the seeds.  Mix it up a little!

Just look at that yumminess!  I feel like I've won the lottery when one of those giant roasted brazil nuts lands in my bowl!

2 comments:

  1. Now that looks good! I've been wanting to make my own granola for ages, though the expense in buying the nuts in bulk is putting me off! But I love oats and this looks so yummy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out Sprouts when they have sales. They have them in bulk bins so can buy only what you need. We buy raw nuts since they are going to be roasted in the granola.

      Delete