Sunday, January 22, 2012

Greek Chicken and Barely Salad and Roasted Tomatoes

We had friends over tonight and they are very good friends and provided us with honest ratings for the dishes.  We served Greek Chicken and Barely Salad (Rating: 7) and on the side, Roasted Tomatoes (Rating: 4).

The salad was easy and I loved the barely in it.  It also made a ton--8 servings!  I had to sub in some black olives because I only had 4 kalmata olives left in the jar.  Neal and I and one of our guest agreed that if we had used only kalmatas it would have probably been an 8 rating.  My son ate 4 helpings of the salad.  Despite the fact he is one giant toddler, he doesn't ask for repeat servings often.

The roasted tomatoes were a hit with one of our guests; however, the remainder of us had issues with the squishy texture, although approving of the flavor.  Using roma tomatoes may provide better results as they are meatier with less water--though I don't care enough to test that hypothesis.

For my friends using Weight Watchers (WW), the salad was from "Point-less" Meals, a food blog catering to the points system used and has a wide variety of recipes.  Skinnytaste is another food blog that has a ton of recipes and provides points information for the old and new WW program.  Hope they are helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment