Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cranberry Almond Whole Wheat Pancakes

Wow!  Our first absolutely underwhelming recipe for the blog! 

Cranberry Almond Whole Wheat Pancakes  Rating 5

I love cranberries!  I love almonds!  I love pancakes!  These, I imagined would be wonderfully nutty and sweet and tart all at once.  I love the wallop cranberries pack both healthwise and flavorwise.  These pancakes did not deliver.  They didn't even come close.

I used my Go-To Whole Wheat Pancake Mix (Rating 10) as the base.  If I was going in thinking I was having plain whole wheat pancakes, I would have been satisfied.  But these had all that extra yumminess added in and it just was a snore-fest.  I'm pretty bummed I wasted some of our coveted frozen cranberries we put away this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment