Sunday, January 22, 2012

Roasted Butternut Quiche with Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Sage

I've always wanted to use fillo (also phyllo) in something and today I got to!

Roasted Butternut Quiche with Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Sage Rating: 6

Calories for suggested 1/6th of the quiche is approximately 330.  For 1/8th of the quiche it's 248 calories.  I will be posting approximated nutritional information on some future recipes but don't expect this each time.

This quiche would have been really good if it were not for the blue cheese overwhelming all the other flavors.  This coming from Neal, who loves the cheese and can eat is plain.  I agreed with him.  I am going to try this again some day, I think, but with half the Gorgonzola called for.  If it were fixed, we think it would probably qualify for an 8.

We substituted butternut squash for the pumpkin because I had some leftover from a recipe earlier in the week.  This was super quick because I roasted the squash and caramelized the onions earlier in the week.

The fillo dough made for a nice crust and I am looking forward to using up the left over pastry sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment