Monday, January 30, 2012

Cranberry Pomegranate Brussel Sprouts with Gorgonzola



I, Keri, love brussel sprouts.  Neal is not a fan.  We have not had them in our marriage span because of his dislike and my lack of drive to cook in years past.  This past week we got a pound of them in our co-op produce.  I was giddy with joy! 

As a general rule, if I can introduce a Neal-leery vegetable with some Gorgonzola, I at least know it will have a chance.  It got Neal to open up to cauliflower anyway.  So I went with the recipe linked above and we did well.  Neal still does not like the smell of brussel sprouts but he liked the taste of the dish.  I was happy because it had cranberry and pomegranate yuminess. 

We subbed pecans in for walnuts because we were out of walnuts.  Served it with a mix of bulgur, butter, and fresh parsley on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment