Friday, June 15, 2012

Lemony Chickpea Stir Fry


Lemony Chickpea Stir Fry  Rating: 8

This came together quick as stir frys do.  It was a good melding of flavors.  I like it lemony.  Neal less so.  He would have liked some heat.  So next time he'll add red pepper flakes to his and I'll be generous with a lemon wedge to mine.  We did sub a red onion for the shallots and spinach for the kale.  We served it on quinoa that we threw in the rice cooker with vegetable broth.  We'd make this again.
I used savory baked tofu in the recipe and as I was preparing it earlier, my 4-year-old daughter walked into the dining room and declared, "What is that wooonderful smell, Mommy?"  Well, it's savory baked tofu, my pleasant one.  It did smell good but certainly was not fancy.

Savory Baked Tofu  Rating: 7

I included the optional worcestershire sauce, marinated it for less than an hour and baked it for 30 minutes or so.  I omitted the balsamic sauce because I was not going in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment