Friday, June 15, 2012

Savory Pumpkin and Feta Muffins


Savory Pumpkin and Feta Muffins  Rating: 6

I made Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal for breakfast earlier in the week and had left over pumpkin puree that needed to be used up.  I was inspired by Heidi Swanson's Pumpkin and Feta Muffins at 101 Cookbooks but used a puree friendly recipe I found at The Little Foodie.

I substituted yogurt for the sour cream, omitted the honey, and used whole wheat flour.  I added a slight 1/2 cup of feta for the cheese and a large, overflowing handful of fresh spinach that I then chopped fine.  I did use some black pepper.

The muffins were a bit dry and I feel that they were a touch too salty when I came upon the bits of feta. I won't make these again but they are okay.  Maybe I'll get gutsy come autumn and try Heidi's recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment