Sunday, June 10, 2012

Spaghetti with Chard and Sun Dried Tomatoes


Spaghetti with Chard and Sun Dried Tomatoes  Rating: 8

This was a great way to use up some chard growing in our garden.  It was easy, quick, tasty, and satisfying. 

I made a few changes. Okay, more than a few. This is one of those very forgiving recipes. I used finely chopped red onion instead of shallots and I didn't crisp them.  I just let them get all soft, added a couple minced cloves or garlic, and then added the rest. I used sun dried tomatoes because I had them and we've tried roasted tomatoes a few times and were not pleased with the results.  I just tossed the sun dried tomatoes into the pasta water (before adding the pasta) for a couple minutes to soften them up a bit and then removed them before adding the pasta.  I also used chopped walnuts instead of pine nuts. I doubled the thyme because I'm crazy like that.  I sprinkled it with a touch of asiago cheese because why wouldn't I.

I went ahead and used the full amount of red pepper flakes and this was too my 3-year-old's dismay.  My almost 5-year-old gave this recipe a thumbs up.  I liked the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment