Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Dried Fruit Casserole


Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Dried Fruit Casserole  Rating: 8

The house smelled like Thanksgiving this morning.  I put this together last night, turned on the oven before I left on my run, and when I got back I just slipped it into the hot oven.  The most involved part of this was dicing the ingredients and it wasn't too time consuming.  Besides, my compost will love all those peelings.

It tasted really good with that nice, not-too-sweet syrup of OJ, honey, and spices.  It makes 8 servings and I would just like to remind myself and anyone else that just because it tastes good and is healthy does not mean you should have more than a serving.  It has apples, dried plums, and dried apricots.  It will likely blow out your colon if you do not respect the recommended portion.  So have breakfast for a week or share.

No comments:

Post a Comment