Sunday, February 5, 2012

Aloha Pancakes

Good Morning from Hawaii!  Okay, I've never been but I put this together using the ingredients that one typically thinks of when picturing somewhere tropical and slapped the trite title of "Aloha" on it to strengthen the stereotype.  Yeah me!

Aloha Pancakes (makes 10 4-5" pancakes)  Rating: 8

2 cups Go-To Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
1 egg
1.5 cups milk (or to desired consistency once all the other stuff is added)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2-1 cup crushed pineapple, drained (reserve pineapple juice), even more awesome with fresh pineapple
1/8 cup coconut, shredded/flaked, unsweetened
sliced bananas

Get the griddle heated up to medium and grease with a bit of coconut oil.  Use 1/4 cup measure to pour out pancakes on griddle.  Drop heat to medium-low.  And if you don't know the rest watch a youtube video or something.  There is help for you.  I even watched a video on how to properly mop a floor and my family is happier for it.  God bless youtube.

Once plated drizzle a bit of the reserved pineapple juice on them and top with sliced bananas.  You can add a touch of maple syrup too if you like it sweeter.  I did. 

Okay, well, I'm off to my first surfing lesson.  Okay, not really, but my hands will get wet doing the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment