Sunday, February 19, 2012

Apple Nachos

February is National Snack Food Month and I'd like to counter all the junk food options with a quick, easy, and fun snack that is a treat to eat.

Apple Nachos  Rating: 10

I make single servings with one apple sliced in 16ths and drizzle it with 1 Tbsp. of microwaved creamy natural peanut butter.  Then I sprinkle on the goodness but sparingly, as the calories can add up quick.  These apple nachos really don't need much to make my tastebuds happy.  I usually add 2-3 toppings on top of the peanut butter drizzle.

Topping options I usually add in 1-1 1/2 Tbsps. are:
chopped walnuts, almonds, or peanuts
shredded unsweetened coconut
raisins
dried cranberries
granola
dark chocolate chips (it really doesn't take much)
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cinnamon

Have fun creating your favorite combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment