Monday, February 20, 2012

Basil Chocolate Chip Pancakes

It is National Pancake Week!  How about a more sophisticated pancake to celebrate?  These sound odd to some but the flavor combination is delicious and a happy wake up call for the mouth.  Herbs such as lavendar, rosemary, mint, and here, basil, are often paired with sweets.  These pancakes should be a safe place to start if you are unsure about venturing out.

I first saw the idea at Simply Scratch.  But I am much to lazy to make her pancakes so I just do my thing.

Basil Chocolate Chip Pancakes  Rating: 10

2 cups Go-To Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. oil (I usually use grape seed or coconut)
1 1/2-2 cups milk, depending on the consistency you like
2 Tbsp.(or more) fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, less even

Cook them up on the griddle over medium heat and enjoy with pure maple syrup.  Makes about 10 pancakes depending on the size.  Two 4 inch pancakes are a hearty serving in my book.

Other possible choices to celebrate National Pancake Week:
Aloha Panckes
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Fresh Corn Pancakes
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment