Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cheese Melt with Apple and Candied Pecans


Cheese Melt with Apple and Candied Pecans  Rating: 8

I got my inspiration from the link above but things certainly were changed for ours.  We used Jarlsberg (Swiss) cheese.  I bought Gouda for this specifically and tossed it into the freezer until this recipe's turn came around.  When it did, I pulled out the Jarlsberg accidentally to defrost but I'm fine that I did.  It was still a good match for the other flavors.

We used homemade whole what bread instead of a croissant, red leaf lettuce instead of spinach, and candied pecans from this recipe made earlier in the week.  Just melted the cheese under the broiler and the rest came together quickly as well.

Nice change from the usual oatmeal, pancake, and egg based breakfasts we lean toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment