Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dark Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Dried Cranberries

This was very well received by a group of friends we had over for tapas and dessert.  I can only make this to share with others so I do not binge on the entire recipe.  I came pretty close to that when I made this around Thanksgiving.  Thanks for helping me out this time pals!

Dark Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Dried Cranberries  Rating: 10

We use dark chocolate chips for this sweet.  Use salted pistachios if you like the salty/sweet combo.  Go ahead and double the orange zest.  You will not be sorry you did.  We use dried cranberries instead of cherries.  I love fresh cherries but anything else just makes me think of cough syrup.  I have a friend that feels the same way about black licorice, apparently.  She eats Twizzlers!  But she is a good person so I will try to look past that little foible, if she will try to see past my judgmental nature.

Also, we line the baking sheet with parchment paper instead of foil.  It turns out well without worrying about wrinkles and cleans up easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment