Monday, February 6, 2012

Spanakopita Triangles


Spanakopita Triangles  Rating: 10 

Yep, a 10! Opa! (Greek exclamation that is the equivalent of "Hooray!", "Woohoo!", "Heck Yeah!", or "Yeehaw!"

I had leftover phyllo dough from this recipe and already knew Neal and I liked spanakopita (a spinach and feta cheese stuffed pie) from dining experiences at Greek restaurants.  I was also secretly hoping this would be a way to get some more greens into my kids.

These were easy and very good!  I got to use my microplane to grate the whole nutmeg which always make me feel extra "chefy."  I threw a salad together and added some dried dill to some plain Greek yogurt for a quick and befitting veggie dip while the triangles baked.

Neal said it was commensurate to the best restaurant ones he has had and my kids asked for seconds! I loved these.  We served them as a main dish but they make great appetizers as well.

I still have phyllo dough so I wonder what will be next to use it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment