Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cranberry Orange Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash


We had some acorn squash that was screaming "use me!" so we finally did.  We did make a few changes in that I used panko crumbs (Japanese coarse bread crumbs) instead of unseasoned croutons, walnuts instead of pecans, and I used a self-made mixture of sage, marjoram, and herbs de Provence for my poultry seasoning.  I also omitted the celery salt.  Finally, we doubled this and added 10 minutes to the baking time while tenting with foil those last ten.

It was good and it was sweet.  If it had sausage, it would be a 9 or 10 but it's a vegetarian recipe and fine on it's own.  I think it would be great with 1/2 dried apricots and 1/2 dried cranberries.  This would be a fitting vegetarian main for a holiday meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment